Proactively researching best methods, practices and approach(es) to successfully transition a business to Office 365, while making full use of existing investments can be an interesting challenge.
This can be compared to a chess match, where the business has an infinite combination of potential moves and directions.
Often business requirements provide sufficient direction. What could some of those requirements be?
Looking from a 500-foot view, these should include:
- Holistically reducing TCO, while increasing ROI
- Minimize user impact, and improve experience
- Improve security and maintain compliance
- Improve business continuity and agility between:
- Processes, Security, and Technology
- Keep it simple, and focus on what matters
- Sidestep unintended consequences
- Smooth planning and execution
When it comes to transitioning to Office 365, specifically engaging potentially new initiatives and directions, what are we actually talking about?
Instilled deeply within business technology and process, in one form or another, significant investment and time. Regardless of the size of the enterprise, your investment minimally comprises one or more combined forms of technology, security, practices and/or processes. Such elements includes:
- Identity Management and Fulfillment (RBAC)
- Resource Permissioning, Ownership & Responsibility
- Separation of Duty (SOD) & Management
- LDAP Directories (Microsoft Active Directory, SUN LDAP, Novell, etc.)
- Enterprise Practices of Security Groups
- Security Naming Conventions (Continuity of Standards)
- Change Management
- Tracking & Auditing
- Obsolescence and Deprecation
- Lifecycle Practices
- Ad infinitum…
yourDTS Team Approach
Our architectural and engineering teams maintain special attention, throughout your project, to capture and understand the “ins and outs” concerning new initiatives. This would include, but is not limited to: changes to requirements, any challenges, and potential future direction(s), etc. However, behind it all, the key to success and a factor that is unique to DTS’ approach is our on-going alignment and attention to detail surrounding your existing business environment, run-state, and processes – i.e. your business investment.
What does this mean? This means the level of success of your new Exchange Online initiative is directly determined by the degree of alignment with the existing environment and investments in technology, security and practices. Beyond new initiatives, technology, security, and practices, there remain fundamental intangibles which can make or break such initiatives.
Based on 100% alignment with present and future business requirements, DTS’ professional services provide a unique transition experience that fulfills 100% of the business’ needs and sidesteps unintended consequences. While appropriately gauging and leveraging “best industry practices”, businesses receive an effective, customized solution, ensuring a smooth transition of email services.
Some of the intangibles of our service include:
- Exacting and Timely Communication Planning
- Knowing the Audience (Executives, IT and End-Users)
- Smooth Planning and Execution – Avoiding Pitfalls and Challenges
- White Glove End-User Experience
- Interoperability of Technology Between On-Premises and Cloud Services
- Cooperation and Friendliness
- Appropriate User Acceptance Testing
Dynamic Technical Solutions delivers a tailored and highly effective solution, ensuring a smooth transition of email services.